Up Next...........

30 and some! I'm all done!



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

11- Garage Sale (9-25)



Going to this garage sale made me come to realize that I am officially a morning person! My twin used to think that I would need to be on medication or something to get me out of bed in the mornings.  But you know what, at that point in time I really had nothing to get up for (don't stretch this saying too far). I didn't have a job that required me to get up early and I really had nothing going on. Why not sleep in?! Interestingly enough, at that point in time, I also felt very "here and there" and I really didn't have a focus. That was right after I graduated college and I really didn't know what to do with myself. I was happy and having fun, but I always felt something was missing.

Nowadays, I find myself getting up at 6am...... on the weekends! Can you believe it?  I have completed all of my "to-dos" by the time the mall opens!

 There's nothing like coming back to my crib from my morning power walk to a cup of vanilla coffee, my classic rock station, and school work (yes, the nerd in me reigns supreme).

But, I digress - back to the garage sale.

My coworker is putting down some new carpet and buying some new furniture for her home, so it was natural to go with that "out with the old, in with the new" spirit of having a garage sale! She had some great furniture and smaller items to sell. Two other co-workers helped by working the sale, but I was busy shopping. I only left with one thing, but I tried for more. I scored a leather ottoman for 5 bucks! Can't beat that!

I was there about 2 hours and she ended up doing very well. I have to say that it was pretty entertaining watching 5 people try to get a bunk bed set (with mattresses) into two minivans. They made it fit somehow!



No comments:

Post a Comment