On Sunday 10-24 I treated myself...............WELL, I attempted to treat myself to a relaxation massage because things have been so hectic for me lately. I mean, what better way to release tension from the past and be relaxed for things to come than a massage? I normally get a deep tissue massage, and they hurt a bit, but I didn't think there was much difference between that and a relaxation massage. Heck, I was SUPER relaxed after my last deep tissue, so I thought the relaxation might just be a deep tissue minus the "ouch".
Hmm, not so much. I don't know if it was the therapist or the type of massage I selected, but I really could have paid a friend to do what that person did. As a matter of fact, I probably could have done it to myself since I have such long arms (insert laughter). I felt exactly the same when I left as when I cam in, but with more shock added to it.
The website states:
- Ten Treatment Rooms Geared for Your Relaxation (Soft Music, Dim Lighting)
- Tranquility Room for before and after your Massage
HOWEVER, the "shoppe" is located on a busy street, so you can hear the cars pass by, AND the music was not so soft, AND there was no tranquility room that I can remember. What I do remember is being entertained while waiting for my massage by the two therapists yapping back and forth about one's brother trying to find a date and things to do in Tampa. I do realize that I may be on the same page as that brother, as we are both trying to explore Tampa, but for whatever reason, I was in no mood to jump in and start yapping. I think I was ruffled by the fact that they robbed my peace and tranquility! I wanted to relax and think about myself!
So finally, they remembered why they came to work that day and one called my name and showed me to my room. The table was hard and the towels were pretty rough, and the therapist couldn't stop talking about the ring I had on my finger..........and she even touched it! I normally am not bothered by the admiration of my very inexpensive fashion jewelry, especially when dim lights make my rings look like I'm married to P. Diddy or Dwayne Wade or someone like that. But, she really (insert your word of choice) me off because she was talking to me like I was her homegirl and I have never been one for getting "too comfortable" when there is a job to be done. Do you know what I mean?
Needless to say, I will be returning to my other massage studio within the next few weeks to get the relaxation I deserve.
I have been going back and forth with whether I will name the establishment, but I don't really think it matters. If you call me and ask me, I tell you LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment