Up Next...........

30 and some! I'm all done!



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

10- Tampa Bay Rowdies Game

Oh back on Friday Sept. 24th I went to a minor league soccer game here in Tampa at Steinbrenner Field. I guess you can call the team "minor league"... I mean, it's not baseball or anything.
My bff works for the FC Tampa Bay Rowdies and I got the chance to sit behind the scenes. I actually didn't even make it out of the box office to watch the game, but more about the game in a moment. She worked the will call window which kept me very entertained. Most people were family members who kinda felt a little privileged (As if this were a Yankees game or something). It was pretty busy, but all those fans and family couldn't fill up half of the stadium. I hear that it used to be packed in the summer, but I had to remind them that football season is in and even on Friday nights, high school football is the entertainment of choice in the South.
The will call window was pretty uneventful until right before halftime when a group of drunk college boys came up the window. One guy came up to the window like he was the "big shot", telling his friends he had tickets reserved for them. They stood behind him and let him do his thing.....you know, pick up the soccer tickets........"really" I say to myself?  My bff wanted to mess with his ego a bit and joked like she didn't have the tickets. That didn't go so well! He started cursing with his slurred drunk language and his friends had to get him to calm down. Even when she told him those were his tickets, he couldn't understand what she was saying. Her coworker who was working a couple windows down leaped out of his seat and yelled at the guy for cursing at her like that. He is an older gentleman who is super sweet- put that guy in his place real quick!!

After that fun mess, we hung out a bit more.

About the game- when halftime approached, we saw a lot of people leaving. It was most likely because the team had scored nothing against their opponent, Minnesota. As we walked the stadium, it was pretty sad. I really couldn't stand to stay, so we left to grab a bite on Davis Island.

I hope drunk guy had a blast and enjoyed all the festivities!

(Say no to alcohol people if it affects you like it did that guy- trust me, it's not super sexy)


(See pic below) I was told that the fans got to vote on the mascot some time ago, and the sock mascot won. Pretty cheesy, and I have a hard time believing that the people who voted were over the age of 10!

Maybe next season the team will come around and really kick something with those cleats. But until then, football is in effect and basketball is on the horizon.  Go Falcons! Go Celtics! I heart Rondo!



No comments:

Post a Comment