Up Next...........

30 and some! I'm all done!



Sunday, October 31, 2010

14- Denim and Pearls

On Sat. 10-23, I attended an event called "Denim and Pearls" sponsored by the Tampa Alumnae Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. This "elegantly casual" affair (as the flyer suggested) was packed with men and women from their 20's to 60's!

The first part of the event was held at the IMAX Theatre at Channelside (Downtown shopping/dining venue), and the second part was held at one of the restaurants below the IMAX. I didn't even catch the name of the restaurant because as the party moved from one place to the next, I just followed the crowd and the music!

Open bar + spoken word + smiles & hellos + a DJ from Atlanta + the electric slide = A GOOD TIME!

I have to say this is exactly what I have been looking for since I moved Tampa.........if you really know what I mean. As the DJ gave a "shout out" to those HBCU grads, mostly FAMU and Bethune Cookman, I really felt like I was in the right place.

The only downside was that we were supposed to receive complimentary movie passes for the IMAX, but I was told they had all been given out. Guess that goes to show how many people supported the event!

Nice job ladies....we had a great time.


*** I didn't take any pics at the event, but I am including these pics to show Channelside.



No comments:

Post a Comment