Up Next...........

30 and some! I'm all done!



Sunday, September 26, 2010

8- Champions for Children Breakfast

I am on the Community Involvement Team at work, and we do a lot of fundraising for the Child Abuse Council/Adopt a Child Program here in Hillsborough County.  We initiate christmas gift donations for Bay Area children by hanging names in our employee breakroom (like on a paper stocking cutout). Our employees come and pick out a name, which has a list of items that the child is asking for, and the employee will purchase all of the items and bring them into work. Towards Christmas, we gather all of the items, wrap all of them, and distribute them to the centers as elves, or the centers come to pick them up.

The breakfast I attended last Tuesday was an appreciation event for those in the community who have put forth their time and energy to assist with this cause. I normally wouldn't attend any recognition events, because I don't expect any recognition, however, this was more of a "thank you" breakfast. There was one award given to a local news anchor who has been working with the program for many years.

It was nice to be in such a huge ballroom full of those who have good hearts. The music was a bit sad for so early in the morning, and I was a bit afraid of the puppets (see pic), but I'm glad I went anyway!


 I'm already prepping my elf costume for this season......


Christmas 2009



Breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment