I am spending Labor Day weekend in Tampa.......and here's the story.......
For the past few weeks I had a recurring bad feeling about driving to Atlanta for Labor Day weekend. This overwhelming feeling was something that I just could not put my finger on, and it was a strong gut feeling that I should fly or just stay in Tampa. EVERY single time I started to think about making this road trip, I would get this bad feeling. As I searched for tickets online (@ 300 bucks each way), I decided to ignore my gut feeling and pack up to drive to Atlanta anyway. I did my normal road trip routine (getting plenty of rest, packing snacks, charging my phone, checking the oil...and this time, updating my blog) however, when I started out on my road trip this past Friday, that bad feeling came back again- stronger than before.
I'm definitely not an Oprah fan, but Cherie, my mom, and a few of my co-workers reminded me that the feelings I were having actually meant something, and I should consider not making the trip. I was forced to think back to the time that I was robbed in downtown Atlanta......I had a strong, similar feeling.............that which I obviously ignored.
I got about 30 miles north of Tampa when I called Cherie to tell her my bad feeling came back stronger than before. She looked up last minute flights, but came up with nothing. I ultimately made the decision to just go back home. Normally on my road trips, I am able to time myself very well and visualize at what point I will hit every city on the route, but this time was different. I was drawing a blank and started to not be able to visualize the end point of my trip. I was almost confused. I honestly could not see myself making it to Georgia. I know, it sounds weird, but something was definitely telling me not to continue.
As soon as I turned back around to head home, a rush of tears came down my face. Where was this coming from?! I still have no idea. All of a sudden I was relaxed and drained at the same time, and that made me just want to curl up in my bed- which I ended up doing when I got back home.
Unfortunately, I missed seeing my younger sister and my niece. But, they came up with the great idea to Skype me! That made me happy :)
Turning around was a blessing in disguise, as I am using this rainy day to work on my design projects. You know, because I am really a nerd.
Thanks for reading and listen to your gut!
No comments:
Post a Comment