Up Next...........
30 and some! I'm all done!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Pinarama Bowling
Yeah, just the name of the bowling alley sounds like a good time, doesn't it??? PINARAMA! Woo hoo....pins for everyone!!
I have to admit that bowling is usually hit or miss with me. Either it's a really good time, or I'm so annoyed by the crowd that I swear I'll never go bowling again. I have been bowling once here in Tampa, and it was a definite miss. I liked the cosmic glow-in-the-dark bowling, but the teens, tweens, and pre-teens were a bit much for me. I tried to stay focused on having fun, but every time my friend went up to bowl, I was left tapping my feet to Justin Bieber and rotating in my chair to watch my purse and my one shoe for fear that a tween would take a dare to see if he could sneak up on me. Not happenin'.
So, I decided to take a gamble again and I ended up bowling last night. I decided to do so because my brain had been super fried by that darn project of mine I had submitted an hour prior. I was deciding between the movies and bowling, but I am really not a movie person and I just know I would have fallen asleep in the theatre. Besides, I only have free silver passes, so I can't even see anything that just recently came out. Bummer. Well, I guess I could have paid, but why would I do that when I have free passes? I just have to wait until the new movie gets old before I can see it. LMAO.
Anyway, back to bowling. I grabbed a friend and we tried out Pinarama in my neighborhood at around 10:30pm.
(Mind you I had been up since 7am working on that project and finished up around 9pm)
Way closer to my apartment than the Beiber bowling....... and way emptier too........ I was ready to release my energy! I tried to drive by the window at Pinarama to see the hours of operation because the parking lot was so empty, but I couldn't even see anything. When we parked to walk up and check the hours, they weren't even listed. So, we just opened the door and hoped for the best. There was a teen working the counter, but he didn't bother me. In fact, he looked like he wished he worked at the Beiber bowling where the rest of his friends probably work! I kinda felt bad for him LOLOL.
Out of about 20 lanes, 15 were empty, but I was so excited about the cosmic disco bowling that I didn't even think twice about it. I liked that I could sing and listen to the music and not have to listen to tweens arguing over who stole whose boyfriend via text and posted it on Facebook. Seriously.
If you know me, you know I love music from the 70's and 80's, but you might also know that I love magazines. It just so happens that the first magazine subscription I ever purchased was back in high school (circa 1996- from the money I made working at Long John Silver's), and it was Entertainment Weekly. The reason I purchased the magazine was because the one year subscription came with a double disc CD called "70's Dance Machine". I love the 70's!!!!
And yes, I still have the cd's and I still listen to them.
Bowling night was full of my favorites from that CD and that classic era of disco!!! I knew all the words to every song and was okay tapping my feet to the beat as I waited for my turn. I heard Donna Summer, Diana Ross, Gloria Gaynor, Sister Sledge, Alicia Bridges, Barry White, and more. I really had a good time, and the music helped. My wrist hurt a bit from all of the work I had done on the computer earlier, so I had quite a few gutter balls, but I still won!
Overall, this bowling trip was a hit. So, I guess I'll try it again :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment